I will be reviewing 5 makeup removers
1. Innisfree Apple Juicy purchased in Korea last summer - Price: about £6
2. Simple wipes got from Nardine twitter: @Miss_Nardine Blog: http://lipsticknhandbags.blogspot.com/
Please check her out, she is amazing!!!! - Price: £3.99 from boots
3. Waitrose Pure gentle eye makeup remover from valentines mystery swaps - Price: £1.94 from Waitrose
4. Shiseido eye/lip remover - Price: £23 from House of Fraser
5. Taaj from February Jolie box - Price: £17.47 for 500ml (the one that I had is 100ml)
In this post, I will have swatches on the back of my hand and I poured the makeup remover on a cotton pad and apply to the stroke. Each have been used at the same way and the result is after two wipes on the stroke. I work from the bottom to the top. Therefore the top line of the result is #5 and the bottom line is #1 makeup remover respectively.
Gel eyeliner: Bobbi Brown - Long-wear gel eyeliner in Sepia Ink 2
This is a picture on the left is before, and right is after
As you can see, the Simple wipes are not doing the job properly.
Pencil eyeliner - Shiseido Maquillage (Japanese version) black liner
All the makeup remover do a great job!
Test 3: Kose Esprique liquid liner
The Tajj one didn't do as good as the others. But I took a big effort to wipe the eyeliner for the other ones except Shiseido one which only take a simple gentle wipe to take it off
I am quite impressed with Innisfree's one for the price. The waitrose one doesn't do a great job with waterproof liners and need extra effort when I remove the eye makeup during the night. The Taaj one does a OK job. The best result is by Shiseido. It leaves a natural and smoothing finish~ it worth the price i think
The worse of all is the Simple one and I will not repurchase it again because of its quality. Waitrose's one is half of the price but does a better job than it!